We've been in the winter doldrums lately. There is no greenery and the sun is still in hibernation. There's talk of baseball coming back, but my fingertips are still frozen from the last time I threw a snowball. There's endless talk on the news of rising prices of _________ (insert any life dependency here). With the constant bickering going on with the elections and since our candidate has gracefully bowed out, America is ripe for a new day... A New Season. I submit to you that it's time for Spring. Time to come together and be happy. Time to wake up and smell the flowers. Time to arise early and enjoy life. Yes, after a long Winter, Spring is here.We've been blaming our dour mood swings lately on Punxsutawnee Phil, because these 6 more weeks of winter seem like endless torment. It doesn't help that I spent a week in Florida and thawed out before coming back to icy Illinois. Once we feel like the weather's turning for the better, we get snowed on. Josh has already had like 4 or 5 snow days (I lost track). Too bad we don't get snow days from work. People get sick at the hospital on snow days (Andrea) and the mailman never fails to deliver even on snow days Joel).
Well, last Sunday the weather creeped up in the high 60s (funny because the Sunday before we had light fluffy snowball-throwing snow). After church, Juliana got in the stroller for a Sunday walk and I somehow pulled the dog and Blake along as well. This was her first ride in the big, comfy stroller. It was still a little chilly out, so she probably doesn't remember much besides the wind and the hat over her eyes. Would you believe that after having almost 70 degrees on Sunday that it snowed the next 2 days straight? Yeah, we got 7 inches and Josh got 2 days off from school, which combined with the school holiday from the Friday before, this kid was lucky to remember what grade he was in when he finally went back to class. 

We've been quite busy lately with our new dual lives as full-time working parents. We rarely get free time and when that is, it's the kids go first - but it's that time with them we cherish. This week brought the Daylight Savings Time and coincidentally today came Spring weather. To celebrate, we went back to the YMCA to exercise. We say "back" because since Andrea was progressing in the pregnancy, we all stopped going to the gym to show our moral support (ahem...laziness). We welcome the new season and the times we get to spend together doing something outdoors that doesn't involve a shovel and an icepick.

2 comments:
look at ALL that GORGEOUS SNOW!!!! ;) hee hee
Wow, I remember those Illinois days. I love and miss the snow, but know what a disappointment the teasing of the seasons can be. It's absolutely gorgeous from here.=)
I'd forgotten about the YMCA. Didn't know how good we had it until it was gone.
Jamie
Post a Comment