Saturday, February 2, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley Tribute

I echo the sentiments of my brother, "Goodbye to a Great Man."

I second that emotion. I wish I could elaborate more on your words regarding our beloved prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. I think the articles and tributes are still trickling in just as I'm still gathering my thoughts. Knowing what we know, it's not a sad thing to pass on into the sweet presence of our Lord after honoring Him with a life of service. When we got the news, we were reading The Book of Mormon as a family - "Standing a little taller", if you will. We were doing just what the Prophet would have us do. A warm feeling of love and appreciation came over me as I paused to think of the news.

Gordon B. Hinckley was called as a prophet during my mission. He was the only prophet my children have ever known, (Josh was born a few days after he was called). The closest I ever got to see him was at the October 2004 session of General Conference in Salt Lake City with Justin and Betony. What an awesome feeling to stand up and sing "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet." These memories and many more are everlasting.

No comments: