Sunday, January 6, 2008

Fun at afternoon church

So I really wish I had a picture to share of this but you will all just have to visualize it for yourselves. We started afternoon church this year, which I was dreading and looking forward to all at once. Dreading because it is right in the middle of nap time for Blake and I wasn't sure how that would work out, and looking forward to because I get the extra time to get everyone up and dressed and out the door without being late.
Well we got to church with 1 minute to spare, and found a bench, also a nice thing. Well Blake decided that he was going to sit far away from any of us but hey he was sitting so I wasn't going to complain. During one of the songs Joel taps my arm and is like hey look, I look over and Blake had gotten a hymnal for himself and was sitting on the bench holding the book like "hey this is what I am supposed to be doing" Oh yeah the book was open and everything. Only problem was it was upside down. Oh well it was sooo cute.

Then to add to his cuteness he is walking to and from class greeting everyone in the hall with his adorable,, "HI!!". So he took a late nap when we got home but we had no problems at church. 1 week down 51 to go. :) Now if we can only get Juliana to sleep at night all will be great.

2 comments:

Jones said...

how cute!! I could just picture blake sitting there with the upside down hymnal!!! I LOVE when maddy opens the book and sings with us (her own word of course!)

good luck with the sleeping and Juliana -mixing them together, lol. we wanting another baby, but man I am NOT looking forward to those sleepless nights!!!

jamiegilson said...

This is Jamie Gilson (Cooley). Found your blog through Jessica's and it's been fun to see how the Conte family is doing. Congratulations w/ the new baby. She is absolutely adorable and I love that name.
That's awesome that afternoon church went well w/ no problems. It was always amazing to me that even though we had all the extra time in the morning, we still managed to get to church late. Good job getting there w/ time to spare. Good luck the rest of the year.