Thursday, December 11, 2008

Juliana is One



Today Juliana turned one year old. It is so hard to believe, this year has gone by so quickly. We had a great day, she went to baby school this morning and we made treat bags with goldfish crackers, fruit snacks and shakers for her to share with her friends. She also had a special Birthday Girl ribbon and a party I'm one year old birthday hat. I was able to come home from work early as today was a training day so that worked out great. I came home and baked her cake and then went and picked her.
It was fun to spend some one on one time with just us for once. Although we did decorate the cake and clean house, but we had fun just the same.



Once I got the cake all done I went and picked up Blake from school. Joel got home not too far behind that and we finished up dinner and started on the presents. Juliana received some amazing animals (Blake thinks they belong to him), clothes, a really soft build a bear bunny, a figurine, a fisher price grand piano, and some money. She was really thrilled with everything. Once we finished presents we did the cake thing. She really enjoyed the icing, although once she realized there was cake too she ate on that really well.

All in all it was a great day and we were all glad to have sister here to celebrate with.



3 comments:

Jones said...

wow Andrea, that cake looks AMAZING! you'll have to give me the recipe, cause I totally want to make it!

Happy birthday to Juliana!!! wish we could have been there to help celebrate!

Jill said...

I love the cake! Happy Birthday Jules! Wish I could have been there to celebrate!

Unknown said...

One year old birthday cake is the best. That is, next to floor cake for Lila...