Sunday, December 16, 2007

Introducing... Juliana


IT'S A GIRL!!!

This week was momentous for the Conte family. On Tuesday, December 11th, 2007, at 9:19pm, Juliana Brennetta Conte was born. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs. 9 oz. and measuring 18 1/2 inches. She took her sweet ol' time coming out, though - maybe she was busy primping. Labor was 8 hours, but right around the final hour I called her downstairs saying, "Come on out, Juliana. It's your birthday".

Andrea did a knockout job with the delivery and none of us expected our day to turn out this way. We went to Andrea's regular checkup appointment and ended up convincing the doctor to admit her for labor that very day. Luckily we had already brought our luggage. We checked in around 1:30 thinking the baby would take 15 minutes to come out after the doctor broke her water. Well, let's just say every baby is different and Andrea is amazing! I'll let Andrea add her own thoughts here.

Finally, the Conte boys figured out how to break the streak of having only boys (perhaps another streak has begun...?). Having a girl will be fun, as I have been observing how other daddies treat their little girls. She has cute little brown eyes and dark hair. She makes little squeaky noises to tell you how cute she is. She will always be our little Christmas Angel.

2 comments:

Jones said...

she is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

terica said...

Congrats on the cute baby! She is darling. How funny. I knew Jessica and Rocky for a very little while when we lived in BYU married housing. I am not sure if they remember us, I don't think we were there long while they were. What a funny little blog world we live in. We are sad not to have you guys as neighbors, maybe we will talk it down to anyone that comes by for two years? Theres an idea!